Many professionals see LinkedIn as ‘a place they keep their CV online and maybe have some connections with people they know professionally…not as a place to get business intelligence, to research problems, to establish an online presence where other people in the network can find them’, commented LinkedIn co-founder Reid Hoffman recently.
Despite this, LinkedIn has now established itself as one of the leading Social Media channels. Here are some of the features you can take advantage of:
- Choose a custom URL for your public profile, e.g. www.linkedin.com/in/katherinehanson. Google is more likely to display your name in a search and you will appear more reputable (assuming your profile is also complete of course)
- Much the same as Facebook’s ‘like’ button, you can ‘follow’ your favourite companies and receive automatic updates in your LinkedIn feed
- Create a Company Page (free) to increase engagement and ensure your company provides the most tailored and relevant messages
- Utilise ‘Updates’ to build new connections and discover what people in your industry are sharing
- Use LinkedIn Groups to promote and track your industry and competitor activity
- Export your connections to a spreadsheet and add them to your Marketing list or Newsletter
LinkedIn is an interface for professionals who want to find out more about you – use it to benefit from the buzz about your business.
Contact Katherine on 01202 798270 or email@example.com if you would like assistance with setting up or enhancing your LinkedIn profile or to book one-on-one or group training.
Need to create a Company Page, jazz up your page or increase your activity but not sure where to start? Come along to my training session at 2pm on Tuesday 12 June and see how it’s done at a fraction of the price you’d pay anywhere else!
Don’t live locally? Take advantage of my Telephone & Video Training – contact me for further details.